Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bible Verse, Galatians 4:9

"But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?" Galatians 4:9
i was reading a the same book from where i got the last Bible verse. i got this new quote and made me think about the first sentence second part: ARE KNOWN BY GOD. This is a small phrase. i know God does know everything. i know God knows even the future and mistakes i will make before i made them. i was thinking that in this passages how many times i have overlooked. i want God to know me; to know who i am. i want to have a really deep relationship with God. i want God to look at me and tell me i know you; you're my son. i like that part. i like it so much. Think of this; God in sited on His throne; lean forward and tell to one of the angels. "See that human over there; he is my son and i know him. i love him."
Powerful; yes i want God to know me; more and more. i want to know Him more and more. Each day.
I think that sometimes we just conform ourselves to know little about God. Just enough that we might be saved. But remember. God one day can say to you:
" And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Mathew 7:23
This is where it gets pretty harsh. God is a God who sees all, knows all, created all. He created us, sees our ways, and knows our hearts. He will not be foolish. i have to say i am very freaked out if on that day God say this. i also have to say that if God tell me this. He knows what He is doing. i desire to live a life of loving Him more and more, than a life motivated by this fear of not being known. One of my friends says one day about a song
"Jesus to Know You more is to Love You more"
i do not know who sing the song, and as usual don't care. This lyric is very true. i want to know more of God, but also i want God to know more of me. Like the Moon as in its crescent phase. we can see more and more of its face. i want God to each day know me more and more till, like the moon, i am completely full known by Him. Known by Him due to our relationship, not for His omniscience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment